Research and Development
I consult for a number of ongoing biotechnology R&D projects including Athla LLC/ HealthLabs, a discovery automation company for Big Data leveraging Big Compute.
Get in touch for troubleshooting/ insight within your discovery phase/ preclinical healthcare research program and for program development consultation.
Interested in developing products based on traditional medicines/ medicinal plants.
Startup Due Diligence
Experienced in evaluating investment opportunities on the Propel(x) platform – addressed investor questions and shared insights on the fundraising company’s breakthrough science & technology, market size, and competitive landscape.
Propel(x) is an angel investment platform exclusively focused on funding ‘deep technology’ startups – companies founded on a scientific discovery or meaningful engineering innovation.
Technical/ Scientific Writing
I provide the following:
- Grant writing/ editing
- Article writing/ editing
- White papers
- Web content
- Manuscript editing
- Copy editing
- Technical/ scientific English
Get in touch with specific requirements and for pricing information/ quotes.
- Orchard-Webb D. 2016. Progress Toward Commercial Scale and Efficiency in Cell Therapy Bioprocessing. BioProcess International. October Supplement. http://www.bioprocessintl.com/manufacturing/cell-therapies/manufacturing-cell-therapies-commercial-scale-efficiency/
- Orchard-Webb D. 2015. Future Directions in Pancreatic Cancer Therapy. JOP. Journal of the Pancreas 16:249-255.
- Orchard-Webb D.J., Lee T.C., Cook G.P., Blair G.E. 2014. CUB Domain Containing Protein 1 (CDCP1) modulates adhesion and motility in colon cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 14:754.
- Orchard-Webb D; Fox N; Elghazawy RM; Speirs V; Smith AM; Lodge JPA; Melcher AA; Verbeke CS; Blair GE. 2012. Development of a Chimaeric Oncolytic Adenovirus Vector for Pancreatic Cancer Biotherapy. Journal of pathology. 228: S18-S18.
- Elghazawy RM; Fox N; Orchard-Webb D; Speirs V; Smith AM; Lodge JPA; Verbeke CS; Blair GE. 2012. An Ex-Vivo Model of Human Pancreatic Cancer. Journal of pathology. 228: S19-S19.
- Orchard-Webb, D. 2011. The cancer cell biology of the integral membrane protein CUB domain containing protein 1 (CDCP1). University of Leeds. Thesis.
- Orchard-Webb, D. J., Cook, G. P., and Blair, G. E. 2010. Poster 482: Characterising the role of the metastasis associated cell surface glycoprotein CDCP1 in cancer cell lines – possible roles in cell adhesion and survival. EJC Supplements 8: 123.
- Fini, M.A., Orchard-Webb, D., Kosmider, B., Amon, J.D., Kelland, R., Shibao, G., and Wright, R.M. 2008. Migratory Activity of Human Breast Cancer Cells is Modulated by Differential Expression of Xanthine Oxidoreductase. J. Cell. Biochem. 105: 1008-1026.
- Orchard-Webb D. 2014. Next generation treatments for type I diabetes. http://www.apptheneum.com/next-generation-treatments-type-diabetes/
- Niebuhr M., Scharonow H., Gathmann M., Mamerow D., Werfel T. 2010. Staphylococcal exotoxins are strong inducers of IL-22: A potential role in atopic dermatitis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 126: 1176-1183.e4. http://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749(10)01264-9/abstract
David Orchard-Webb, PhD